C++ to add import, module and export

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 25 00:27:12 PST 2015

On 25 November 2015 at 01:53, deadalnix via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 24 November 2015 at 23:14:28 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
>
>> According to this:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwdQA0pGWa4
>>
>> There are plan to add these keyword in C++'s module system.
>>

> Also, this module representation may be an opportunity for us to compile D
> to something a C++ compiler can digest (maybe ?).

Not sure about Clang, but GCC already knows about modules from Fortran.
The only difference I forsee is that the dwarf generator will be adapted to
emit both modules and namespaces in the same CU - as opposed to just
modules or just namespaces.