I hate new DUB config format

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 25 12:39:17 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 25 November 2015 at 20:24:36 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> I need to trust our core contributors here to make the right
> high-level decisions and execute them accurately when I'm not
> looking. Hence my brief comment that inventing a new file
> format should not have happened and must be now undone. If
> Walter or I were paying attention, that wouldn't have been
> initiated in the first place.

To be fair, they _didn't_ invent a new format. They just picked
one that's far less well-known than what they were using before.
Now, arguably, it's still a bad idea, because SDL is nowhere near
as well-known as JSON, but they didn't invent it.

Though the fact that the site that seems to be the main site for
SDL is down right now, isn't exactly encouraging:

http://sdl.ikayzo.org

So, while SDL wasn't invented by the dub team, its reach beyond
them does not appear to be large.

- Jonathan M Davis