What keeps you from using gtkd or dlangui

thedeemon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Oct 5 21:05:01 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 4 October 2015 at 13:24:23 UTC, karabuta wrote:
> For some time now I have been trying various GUIs options in D.
> I came to settle on gtkd and dlangui(stability is not my
> current priority).
>
> In YHO, what keeps you from using any of those fully(mostly)?
> Gtkd first,  followed by dlangui.  I need to know what I am
> signing up for.

I recently started using DLangUI in several projects, so far I'm
quite happy with it. I'm using not the latest version, as I had a
funny bug in recent version where all images were upside down
(didn't investigate much, just took a version that worked fine
before). I'm using it on Windows.

One downside is some things in DLangUI tend to allocate in GC
heap more than necessary.