D and microservices

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 7 03:50:39 PDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-10-06 at 18:56 +0000, Dicebot via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 6 October 2015 at 16:12:12 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> > Has anyone got a small example of microservices using D, with
> > Vibe.d or otherwise, that I can make use of? I need some
> > examples of small microservices for a session at μCon 2015.
>
> What do you mean by microservice examples? It is infrastructure
> methodology, not specific code thing, any simple network service
> can be viewed as microservice.

At the Web services application level it is having a small framework
for structuring the use of GET, POST, PUT, DELETE,… packets. Basically
RESTful services.

At a non HTTP level I guess you can say all networking is microservices
except that you want a protocol over TCP/IP or UDP/IP and shouldn't
there be frameworks to assist building these things?

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk