Moving back to .NET

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Oct 8 06:45:41 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 8 October 2015 at 13:15:18 UTC, Chris wrote:
> That's what I've been doing for 2-3 years now thanks to D. I
> use D as the core and everything else is glued onto the D core.
> D is actually pretty good at this. Since it's cross-platform, I
> can use the same code base everywhere. I don't need to worry
> about UIs or the like.

Yes, I think this is the more scalable approach for both D, C++
and Rust.

For my use case (virtual world simulation) I'll probably end up
using the first production level language that can provide tight
asm.js codege, IEEE754-2008 support and guarantee reproducible
results between client and server. But maybe I'll end up having
to using a JIT on the server... I don't think there are any
obvious alternatives at the moment. Maybe Rust will get there
first.