Marketing for D: Making D an official Cloud Foundry built-in language

Andre via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Oct 10 08:26:21 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 10 October 2015 at 02:49:23 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:

>> [...]
>
> Wrong way round. Bundle dub with dmd is already planned.

I hoped 2.069 already contains dub, maybe with 2.070

>> [...]
>
> I am sure Walter will have no problem with you creating a
> custom archive, perhaps with tar? If that suits you better.
> Check with him however.
>
>> [...]
>
> That may not be possible. Unless you want to make dub dependent
> upon git. Which it currently isn't. Right now it uses e.g.
> Github to create an archive of the repository and download that.
> Although some trade off will be possible.
>
> Also it all goes through code.dlang.org the last I remember.

yes it would depend on git. I suggest a new dub attribute. The
value starts with a protocol. Like file:// if it is a zip on the
local
pc or a file on a file server. git:// if it is a git repository.

>> [...]
>
> It exists, the support is there. Just not in the dub
> configuration file. It is something that would be nice to have.

This feature would also be a "work around" for 4). I will file
feature
requests