Kinds of containers

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Oct 21 09:12:55 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 09:11:38AM -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> My finance folks also rave about Pandas. I wish I could fork myself to
> look into it.
[...]

Unfortunately, forking a human process takes 9 months to spawn the new
process (slow OS, y'know), and the new process's module constructor
takes about 18 or so years to run before it's ready for use. :-D  Also,
the specs are ambiguous in some key areas of the semantics, so
implementations in practice don't quite manage to replicate the original
process exactly.

Chance favours the prepared mind. -- Louis Pasteur