dmd codegen improvements

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 2 11:58:18 PDT 2015

On 8/29/2015 12:37 PM, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> In my experience you can deliver
> everything people say they want, and then find it isn't that at all.

That's so true. My favorite anecdote on that was back in the 1990's. A friend of
mine said that what he and the world really needs was a Java native compiler.
It'd be worth a fortune!

I told him that I had that idea a while back, and had implemented one for
Symantec. I could get him a copy that day.

He changed the subject.

I have many, many similar stories.

I also have many complementary stories - implementing things that people laugh
at me for doing, that turn out to be crucial. We can start with the laundry list
of D features that C++ is rushing to adopt :-)