DUB release candidate 0.9.24-rc.3 ready for testing

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Sep 18 07:59:33 PDT 2015

On 09/18/2015 04:37 AM, BBasile wrote:

> I find that the feature to get a particular property (`--data=X`) is
> very slow, is it normal ? On a decently recent machine it takes
> something like 3 or 4 seconds. Maybe it downloads or check the deps
> while it's not necessary ?

It still has to do all the usual processing to read dub.json/dub.sdl and
build up all the package information for the current package and all
dependencies. Should be about the same as plain old "dub describe".

I suppose for some information that might not be strictly necessary, but
I suspect that adjusting dub's package-information-gathering to be more
lazy might take some major refactoring. And I'm not sure how much that
would realistically gain in typical real-world scenarios.

If you need multiple pieces of information, you can specify `--data=X`
multiple times in the same call to dub. Or a comma-separated list:
`--data=X,Y,X`. That way the up-front processing would only be needed
once, and not repeated for each piece of data.