Stroustrup is disappointed with D :(

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 23 23:52:24 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 23 September 2015 at 17:49:28 UTC, Ali Çehreli
wrote:
> On 09/23/2015 05:16 AM, Nemanja Boric wrote:

>>> Me neither. I'm getting the impression that I am looking at a
>>> wall of
>>> guidelines-graffiti.
>>
>> It was introduced in this commit:
>>
>> https://github.com/isocpp/CppCoreGuidelines/commit/947cf3affcdfc392a316a32f73cdea7383ae55bd
>>

> I had hit that one but the quoted phrase does not appear on
> that page. Is that diff abridged? Oh I see: It says "11,900
> additions, 0 deletions not shown".

That is the original commit, which was written and edited by a
group, so git is no use.

The reddit discussion of the blog post announcing the guidelines
has a fair amount of positive comments about D:

https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/3ltwwf/bjarne_stroustrup_announces_c_core_guidelines/