Moving back to .NET

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 24 23:05:20 PDT 2015

On 25/09/15 5:55 PM, jdeath wrote:
> On Friday, 25 September 2015 at 04:38:36 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:

>>> Probably nothing, since they have PowerShell
>>>
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_PowerShell#Comparison_of_cmdlets_with_similar_commands
>>>

>> Unfortunately yup that is there replacement.
>> Funny thing, the only people really using it are networkers. Not
>> programmers. Who would have thought?
>> Even though it is C# like and supports .net libs.
>
> you guys are nuts.
> instead of thinking about this shit, you should think about how to make
> D usable for windows programmers.
> don't think about linux crutsches. in my company people are not even
> willing to think about D, since it has stone age tools, few usable
> libraries and is changing at a rate that is incredible.
> now c# will be compiled to machine code - people you lost.

Yeahhhh I totally only think about *nix.
https://github.com/rikkimax/alphaPhobos/blob/master/source/std/experimental/platform.d

Even though my main pc is Windows and I use Cygwin.

I'm doing my best to fix this situation. It is not an easy one to do.
Sorry I get that you want it done *now*, but unless you are willing to
help, it won't be done any faster.