Indicators and traction…

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 26 23:45:52 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 27 September 2015 at 03:34:31 UTC, Manu wrote:
> On 24 September 2015 at 01:09, Nick Sabalausky via
>> Popularity has no place in decision making here.
>
> Sadly, false.

As much as it would be nice to not have decisions based on
popularity, we _do_ want D to be popular regardless, and while we
want to be technically superior, we don't actually need to
convince people on those grounds. We just need to convince them.
If that means convincing many of the better programmers via
technical merit and many of the rest via pure popularity, then so
be it. There's no reason why we can't succeed on both fronts,
though it's arguably easier to make headway based on technical
merit, since that's easier to control and doesn't require
becoming popular first.

- Jonathan M Davis