Moving back to .NET

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Sep 29 08:37:30 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, 29 September 2015 at 14:24:45 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> wouldn't be a big jump. You'd end up with code that looks like
> C++ or Java that no seasoned D developer would write.

I don't really see your point. "idiomatic" is a cultural regime,
not a language and not necessarily an improvement over
alternative coding styles. System level code isn't "idiomatic",
you write code the way that makes sense for what you try to
achieve and set guidelines suitable for your project.

If I want a systems development language and don't like C++ for
various reasons (syntax bloat, no module system and tedious
traits) then using D is one of very few potential options.
Currently some things are better in D, some things are better in
C++. The primary difference is that D can much more easily change
for the better overall.

C++ is locked to backwards compatibility in a rather unhealthy
way, which is why they now try to "change practice" by using
guidelines. D can avoid all that.