GSoC 2016 - A replacement of std.xml for the Phobos standard library

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 23 07:38:36 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 23 April 2016 at 08:30:32 UTC, Lodovico Giaretta
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Lodovico Giaretta and I've been selected by the D
> Foundation for GSoC 2016.
>
> First of all, I'd like to thank the D Foundation for this
> fantastic opportunity.
> In particular, I'd like to thank Craig Dillabaugh and Robert
> Schadek for their patience in helping me from my first contacts
> till now.
> I'll do my best to implement my proposal and make this
> experience really unique.
>
> My proposal is available online:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_hnTCdWtH-eEplQ3hZdnY2Wlk/view?usp=sharing
>
> Also, while writing the proposal, I started implementing some
> small components. You can find my efforts here:
> https://github.com/lodo1995/experimental.xml
> I expect that I'll restart updating it in a couple of days.
>
> This is my first experience at GSoC and also my first
> collaboration with a big open source project, so if you have
> any suggestion about my proposal or my early implementation,
> feel free to tell me.
>
> Thank you very much to everybody.
>
> Lodovico Giaretta

Do you know about these two projects?

https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/orange
https://github.com/s-ludwig/std_data_json

It would be great if your xml library could work with the
proposed std.data specification. Ideally switching from Json
output to xml output, should be changing one line.