GSoC 2016 - A replacement of std.xml for the Phobos standard library

Lodovico Giaretta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 24 02:51:33 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 23 April 2016 at 14:38:36 UTC, Seb wrote:
> Do you know about these two projects?
>
> https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/orange
> https://github.com/s-ludwig/std_data_json
>
> It would be great if your xml library could work with the
> proposed std.data specification. Ideally switching from Json
> output to xml output, should be changing one line.

--- WARNING: NOOB QUESTION ---
I've heard something about std.data, but I know almost nothing
about it. Where can I find the proposed specification?
--- END OF NOOB QUESTION ---

By the way, I think that std.xml will end up having lots of
compile-time configurations (via templates), so it will have a
simple wrapper on top of it, which can of course obey the
std.data specification. This will allow casual users to have the
job done in a few lines without any pain.