Directions to Ibis Hotel in Berlin from Tegel Airport

Nemanja Boric via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 25 01:56:59 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 24 April 2016 at 21:40:16 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 4/24/2016 10:56 AM, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On 24 April 2016 at 10:44, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
>> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>> The hotel emailed them to me, I presume they know what
>>> they're doing :-) so
>>> I thought I'd share:
>>>
>>> Bus 109 to Jakob-Kaiser-Platz
>>> Subway U 7 in the direction of Rudow to Grenzallee
>>> Cross the street at the traffic light and turn left. The next
>>> street on the
>>> right is Jahnstraße.
>>> On the left side you will find our hotel.
>>
>> Conveniently, also the directions to Berghain.  :-)
>>

> What's the best way to buy a ticket? On the bus itself, or is
> there a kiosk? Credit card?

You can buy it from driver, but I don't think buses accept credit
cards (maybe I'm wrong), so you'll have to have some
euros by yourself. On TXL airport, just before you exit to the
bus station there is a BVG (public transport) kiosk (see
http://nanoparticles.org/Particles2011/TXL.gif) where you can buy
tickets.

If you're adventurous, when you get out from the airport (from
terminal A) to the bus stations, the bus stops are just in front
of you and if you turn right you'll find ticket machines (looks
like this
https://www.bvg.de/en/Tickets/Other-ways-to-buy/At-ticket-machines) located by the wall. You can switch to English and they accept credit cards.

I'm not aware of all options, but you can buy single ticket for
2.70 euro (I think?), 4 tickets for 9 euros, or you can buy
weekly ticket (de. 7-Tage-Karte) and it costs 30EUR. If you're
landing on TXL you'll just need AB zone.

Btw, single ticket is valid for your entire journey, (both Bus
109 and U7) and if you're not buying it from driver, you need to
validate it when you enter the bus (just stick it into the
stamping machine).

I hope I didn't get anything wrong!