So, to print or not to print?

Jon D via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 26 13:20:12 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 26 April 2016 at 16:30:22 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 12:18:11 cym13 via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
>> Finally it doesn't bring much. One learns writeln, laments a
>> bit that it doesn't put spaces itself then just accepts it.
>
> I confess that I was very surprised to find out that writeln
> worked with multiple arguments.

In my initial look at D I would have appreciated print. However,
at least part of the reason is that it was a while before I knew
writefln existed. After finding it (and discovering that writeln
takes multiple arguments), having the functionality of print was
less an issue.

It's not easy to reconstruct why it took me a while to discover
writefln, but perhaps finding places to show it off in
introductory material would help others find it more quickly.

--Jon