[OT] Swift removing minor features to piss me off

Nick Treleaven via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 28 12:59:18 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 28 April 2016 at 19:45:47 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> If you don't want to mutate it, don't put var in the parameter
> name. I put var there because I wanted to mutate it. Swift
> requires that already. It just now won't let you do it in the
> parameter declaration, you have to declare a new variable and
> use that if you want mutation.

OK, didn't realise var was required for the parameter before.
Sounds like they are breaking the language just to enforce a
philosophical point about a function's implementation choices not
being visible to the caller. Obviously not worth it at this stage.