D Github contributors - enable 2 factor authentification

qznc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 11 00:33:45 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 11 August 2016 at 06:21:35 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> I just enabled it because of this thread, but in general, I'm
> paranoid about two-factor auth and don't use it for much. My
> domain registrar (and thus DNS) is one of the few places that I
> have it enabled. I'm just too worried about getting locked out.
> The very thing that makes it more secure significantly
> increases the risk of you having a problem that locks you out.

This thread pushed me to enable it for Google and Github. The
fear of lock out plagues me as well.

However, I asked a few friends and so far I have found nobody who
was actually locked out. The fact that they all give you a few
backup codes for login helps.