D Github contributors - enable 2 factor authentification

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 11 06:16:56 PDT 2016

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 09:05:49 Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> I did not know that if you port your number to a new provider, you would
> be locked out. That's surprising, but makes sense at the same time.

It probably depends on who you're dealing with. In my case, it was godaddy,
and it definitely mattered with them. It may not matter with github. But the
fact that it _can_ happen makes me that much more nervous about having my
access to something connected to a specific device. At this point, I think
that I now have two-factor enabled on all of two sites, and I'm not going to
be in a hurry to enable it on more.

- Jonathan M Davis