Registering a package with dub

Lodovico Giaretta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 23 11:32:50 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 23 August 2016 at 18:28:54 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 08/23/2016 02:18 PM, Lodovico Giaretta wrote:
>> It referes to the package name set in the SDL/JSON
>> configuration. You
>> have to change that. The GitHub project name means nothing for
>> DUB.
>
> Now I have successfully published it:
> http://code.dlang.org/my_packages/checkedint_andralex. However,
> I see this error on the page:
>
> Version 0.0.1: Package name (checkedint) does not match the
> original package name (checkedint_andralex). Check dub.sdl.
>
> What should I check? My dub.sdl lists checkedint_andralex.
>

> Andrei

Because version 0.0.1 will always refer to your 0.0.1 tag. And in
the commit referred by the tag, the SDL name is still
"checkedint". The config file may change between releases, and
DUB will always use the config file that shipped with each tag.
So the only way to solve the problem is to create a new tag with
the correct name setting, and maybe remove the old tag.