Compiling DMD on Windows: A journey of mystery and madness

Meta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 23 13:54:19 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 23 August 2016 at 19:59:41 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/23/2016 10:58 AM, Meta wrote:
>> When your software is free your currency is people's
>> attention. We really don't
>> want to be giving out refunds.
>
> I don't like to lose any customers. They do have expectations
> when they pay money for a product, but I can't teach someone
> via email how their computer works when all they know is click
> & drag. I've tried, it ended badly every time.
>
> You can't remotely teach someone to fly an F-104 when they
> don't know what a rudder is.
>
> At least with D I can point them to the learn forum.

Yes, very true. However, getting back to the complaint of both
documentation sets being in a single document: I'm experienced
with box Linux-based and Windows-based systems and I still find
the combined documentation annoying and a pain because I have to
scroll through the Posix stuff every time to get to the Windows
section.

Except, as of today the two pages have been split and it looks
much better. Thanks to whoever did that.