Low level unit test library in druntime

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 30 09:31:56 PDT 2016

On 08/30/2016 07:17 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> The reason to put in the druntime is because that's where the existing
> runner is located.
>
> The advantage of this low level library is that:
>
> * Third party unit test library don't need to reinvent the wheel
>
> * All third party libraries using this low level library would be
> compatible and can be combined in the same project
>
> * If we would like to, it would be easy to extend the existing runner,
> like not stopping on the first failure. _Not_ saying that we should

I definitely wouldn't want to use API like you proposed if I was to
write my own test runner. Minimal common ground which would be cool to
have is getting range/array of all unittest blocks together with their
annotations. Anything more than that is optional luxury that specific
test systems may define.

And any usage of classes in what is supposed to be a base ground API is
immediate "no" for me :)