The Computer Language Benchmarks Game - no D

Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 18 14:50:36 PST 2016

On Sunday, 18 December 2016 at 21:29:05 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> On Sunday, 18 December 2016 at 21:26:36 UTC, Boston wrote:
>> Some days ago I'd been looking for comparisons between
>> different programming languages, and I found this site:
>
> It's been discussed on the forum before.

Yeah, many times. We'd all like to see D there but Isaac Gouy
(the maintainer of the language shootout) has made it pretty
clear D isn't getting on there but he welcomes anyone to use the
shootout's infrastructure to run their own benchmarks for D and
put it up on their own site. I understand his position because no
matter what he does and what he includes there will always be
someone unhappy with it.

I'd like to see something like the Techempower web framework
benchmarks done for general computation language benchmarking
like the language shootout, personally.