A betterC modular standard library?

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 18 17:52:21 PST 2016

On 12/18/16 7:31 PM, Seb wrote:
> tl:dr: Phobos is very bloated.

How does the D standard library compare in size with some other
languages (C++, Rust, Go, Java, Python)?

> Let's do something about it!

I've said this several times, and it bears repeating. We want to make D
entirely pay-as-you go, and offer full support to anyone working on it.
The best "something" anyone can do about it is do good engineering work
in the D mainline. That will automatically benefit all users of the D
language, instead of balkanizing the community. Granted, the lure of the
clean slate is strong, and more care is needed to mind backwards
compatibility, but that's where the real impact is.

Andrei