Proposal: Database Engine for D

Charles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Feb 6 09:26:20 PST 2016

On Saturday, 6 February 2016 at 13:41:03 UTC, Piotrek wrote:

> For the rest there is my proposal ;) : a language embedded DB.
> As far as I can tell none of the known PLes has this "killer"
> feature.
>
> Piotrek

SAS does, and has for quite a few decades now. Its a pretty big
corporate language used for statistics and analysis. It does work
exceptionally well, easily handling well over 100M records within
a single table. They implement a table per file (sas7bdat). That
said, the binary table format is proprietary, and while there
have been attempts to reverse engineer it none have been
completely successful.