Support for D in VSCode

bitwise via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 9 14:06:37 PST 2016

After receiving 1000+ votes on Visual Studio User Voice
[1], Microsoft has added D to their Wiki for requested VSCode
extensions[2]. I'm not sure if support was initially available
for adding custom extensions to VSCode, but it seems to be
now[3]. I've been using VSCode for a couple of months now(C#) and
it seems pretty good. I'm not sure how soon Microsoft will
actually get around to implementing a D extension, but it doesn't
seem like it would be very difficult to create one for someone
who already has experience with this sort of thing[4].

[1]
http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/293070-visual-studio-code/suggestions/7763160-support-the-d-programming-language
[2] https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode/wiki/Requested-Extensions
[3] https://code.visualstudio.com/Docs/extensions/overview