Support for D in VSCode

WebFreak001 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 9 14:23:49 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 9 February 2016 at 22:06:37 UTC, bitwise wrote:
> After receiving 1000+ votes on Visual Studio User Voice
> [1], Microsoft has added D to their Wiki for requested VSCode
> extensions[2]. I'm not sure if support was initially available
> for adding custom extensions to VSCode, but it seems to be
> now[3]. I've been using VSCode for a couple of months now(C#)
> and it seems pretty good. I'm not sure how soon Microsoft will
> actually get around to implementing a D extension, but it
> doesn't seem like it would be very difficult to create one for
> someone who already has experience with this sort of thing[4].
>

> [1]
> http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/293070-visual-studio-code/suggestions/7763160-support-the-d-programming-language
> [2]
> https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode/wiki/Requested-Extensions
> [3] https://code.visualstudio.com/Docs/extensions/overview
> [4] https://code.visualstudio.com/Docs/customization/colorizer
>
>     Bit

Sounds awesome for the community! But for me this will probably
be a real downside as we put so much work into our vscode
extension already.

In case someone didn't know: me and Wild made a D extension for
vscode supporting dub (build, run, linting) + dub.json
completion, dfmt, dscanner, dcd, DlangUI Markup Language syntax +
auto complete, SDL syntax, arsd.script syntax, jade syntax,
upload to dpaste and D snippets: https://github.com/Pure-D/code-d