TIOBE December 2015 - D rose 5 positions

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 3 10:31:15 PST 2016

On Sunday, 3 January 2016 at 18:19:27 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> I just meant that nobody will ever be able to see a new
> industry standard raising from a month to another but rather on
> 60 monthes...Even if artifact existed, like Go, which's been
> already mentioned.

Yep, sure. Traditionally it has taken languages 8-10 years from
inception to a significant market position, but I think it is
going faster now for "small applications". Go is already quite
old though and the trajectory has been quite clear over  the past
2-3 years. Swift has major adoption at under 2 years. Both are in
the"small applications" category at the moment.

CoffeeScript, TypeScript, Dart and React also are in the "small
applications area". Takes off in 1-3 years, and can die even
faster. I think many of these will go away when EcmaScript7
becomes available.

Seems to be a different "industry standard" dynamic for smaller
applications (web services, web apps, mobile apps and so on).