Anyone using DMD to build 32bit on OS X?

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 12 00:28:56 PST 2016

On 2016-01-11 23:44, bitwise wrote:

> So..I've only had time to glance at the code, but it looks like you've
> effectively moved this issue out of the way of shared libraries
> entirely, and that no interaction between shared libs and TLS is needed
> at all..is this correct?

Yes, I think so. I haven't implemented dynamic libraries so I can't be
entirely sure :)

Now it shouldn't require any more code or complications than for Linux.
You still, at least, need to make sure that _d_dyld_getTLSRange [1] is
called for each dynamic library (and the executable).

Not sure what we'll do about 32bit. The easiest would probably be to
revert back to emulate TLS for 32bit. Unless someone with some better
knowledge of DMD could fix the native TLS for 32bit as well :)

[1]
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/1461/files#diff-6e800db47f2f2ea1953538f709516382R36

--
/Jacob Carlborg