D for TensorFlow-like library

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 13 07:56:52 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 13 January 2016 at 15:10:13 UTC, krikru wrote:

> Hm, maybe making D bindings to an already existing library
> wouldn't be such a bad idea. But how do one create such
> bindings? Anyone knows of any good resource, like a tutorial,
> explaining how to do it?

It looks like TensorFlow is C++ with a Python front-end. The
first thing I would try is using PyD to call the python
TensorFlow library. There's work being done on calling C++
libraries from D, but I don't have any experience with it.

I just read the Learning D book's section on C bindings. I found
it advanced, but a good read. There are some tools that help
transforming .h files to .d files (htod and dstep).