Choosing D over C++, Go, Rust, Swift

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 14 08:21:23 PST 2016

On Thursday, 14 January 2016 at 16:08:24 UTC, Joakim wrote:

> You're right, D's not very good at marketing.  On the other
> hand, have you ever found what you're suggesting on any other
> programming language's website?  I haven't, so they're all in
> the same boat, each one as bad as the next.

I think you're right. I'm not convinced that it is a problem that
can be solved. One person is looking for a Java replacement,
another wants a hobby language for a personal website, and yet
another wants better metaprogramming than you get with C++. A
good marketing pitch for any individual is at best an irrelevant
one for most of the rest.