extern(C++, ns)

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 20 15:44:08 PST 2016

On 21 January 2016 at 08:01, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 1/20/2016 1:47 PM, Timon Gehr wrote:

>>> This won't work  ...
>>

>> The suggestion was to just not introduce a new symbol/scope for the
>> namespace.
>> It would certainly work.
>

> I understand his suggestion. I asked Manu to elaborate what the "serious
> problems" are. This code snippet doesn't work as it is not supposed to work,
> but still unknown is what the "serious problem" with it is - and I want to
> ensure that Manu knows this is not a bug in the implementation.

I know it's not a bug in the implementation, it's a bug in the DESIGN.
I ****don't want the namespace scope****. My problem and every other
problem except the interface inheritance one, is instantly solved.

I consider this inability to opt-out when confronted with this set of
problems I've shown to be a 'serious' usability problem.
Surely the existence of this thread demonstrates that... you
understand that if the namespace scope never existed, this entire
thread and every problem that I've had would have never existed?