extern(C++, ns)

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 20 16:52:42 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 20 January 2016 at 23:21:49 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 1/20/2016 3:12 PM, Martin Drašar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> The "serious" problem is
>> that the decision to have a namespace introduce a new scope
>> needlessly
>> complicates writing D-like interfaces to C++ code, while
>> catering for
>> one specific use-case that is considered niche.
>
> Adding a qualifier here and there does not count as serious.

But, to put this statement in the context of my other post, it
further raises the bar which the arguments in favor of having
extern(C++) introduce D-side scopes have to clear. If we had
extern(C++, "ns") just affect the mangling, the need for adding
extra qualifiers wouldn't exist in the first place.

  — David