What are the real GUI toolkits for D?

karabuta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 24 06:47:04 PST 2016

On Sunday, 24 January 2016 at 12:16:09 UTC, nbro wrote:
> Except for GtkD and DWT, D does not seem to be supported by a
> really nice GUI toolkit. Anyway, a serious programming language
> nowadays should have a lot more support in that area. I have
> not tried GtkD yet, but it seems the most promising. Many
> projects have started to create a GUI toolkit (or wrapper), but
> now they are abandoned. Are there any plans to really support
> the development of standard GUI toolkit?

Not only that, there are also;
DQML(if you want Qt's QML) https://github.com/filcuc/dqml

DlangUI(written in D for Windows, mac, Linux)
https://github.com/buggins/dlangui

tkd(Tkinter) https://github.com/nomad-software/tkd

Awesomium (Webview) https://github.com/k3kaimu/awebview

Dude, there are no other cross platform GUIs aside these and
(GtkD & DWT), and that is the case in every programming language
there is today(that I know of and is matured enough). Currently
Qt is the only one I know that works but it is written in C++
plus others high level stuff with binding in python.

So you either go with Windows Form for windows only, or Mac GUI
toolkit only or GtkD which at least works with Mac and De facto
for Linux distros. Else haha!!

If you want all D, the DlangUI is your solution at the moment.
Check DlangIDE written with DlangUI from
https://github.com/buggins/dlangide