Vision 2016 H1

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 25 07:45:09 PST 2016

On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 15:28:47 UTC, kldjlkd wrote:
> You deny the whole modern history with such a speech.

That's a bold statement with no argument to back it up.

> The current state of human being, with all its history and
> experience, is that so far we haven't found any better solution
> than being organized and prioritized (or specialized).
>
> In the past, people tried to adopt a more horizontal system but
> it didn't work.

Of course we have horizontal and organic ways of organizing civil
society. The military is just a very very special case where no
failure is accepted in very chaotic situations. That means
everything is routine. It is far more bureaucratic than even the
most bureaucratic civil organization. The legal system is organic
in comparison.

People who have romantic ideas about the army probably have their
ideas of what it is like from movies or games. That does not
reflect the incredibly dull day-to-day army life.

The overarching principle in the army is that nobody should need
to be so skilled in their task that they cannot easily be
replaced on the spot. Basically an ant colony.