Why do some attributes start with '@' while others done't?

Wyatt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 25 12:07:28 PST 2016

On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 18:34:24 UTC, burjui wrote:
> On Friday, 22 January 2016 at 18:28:31 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
>> If you need an IDE to work comfortably in a language,
>> something has clearly gone wrong.
>
> Oh come on, not that "Vim/Emacs vs IDEs" crap again. Please
> stop being so black&white and pretentious.

Begging your pardon?

There's nothing wrong with an IDE; you clearly love yours -- love
it to the point of spinning a single sentence into two paragraphs
of inflammatory drivel casting me as a cave-dwelling primitive,
even -- and that's great for you.

But programming languages exist for people and their affordances
come from this understanding, so I'm really not sure HOW you
justify a language so poorly designed that it can't comfortably
be used without an IDE.

-Wyatt