C++17

rsw0x via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 26 11:07:03 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 19:02:54 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 18:57:45 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
>> I don't think it is desirable. I do think we should focus on
>> having GC.malloc/GC.free have the same level of perfs than
>> malloc/free, which is very doable.
>
> Does this mean that you have given up on D getting an ownership
> mechanism?

There doesn't seem to be much work towards this and it doesn't
appear to be a high priority issue. Things like catching C++
exceptions seem to be far higher up on the priority list than a
defined memory model or ownership mechanics.
I see C++17 and think of why I should keep using D when C++ is
aping a lot of its best features.