C++17

Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 27 08:49:51 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 27 January 2016 at 15:37:39 UTC, Jack Stouffer
wrote:
> D is a toy language? Really? Tell that to Sociomantic and
> AdRoll, I'm sure they use D right next to brainfuck, right?

  brainfuck...

  Recently as an experiment I was going through to decide on the
minimum instructions needed for a chip; Perhaps processor design
would have them listed, but I came around 6-7 different
instructions. With these instructions in combination you can
do/build everything else.

  I'm also reminded of playing the TIS-100 game not too long ago,
which was a 'chip' designed with 10 instructions and you had to
program the chips in parallel to get stuff done. This includes
everything from multiplication and division, to sorting and array
access.

  It's amazing what you can do with so very little if you approach
it right.