D is crap

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 11 06:56:30 PDT 2016

On Monday, 11 July 2016 at 12:18:26 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> and most of those people never even started to use D. took a
> brief look, maybe wrote "helloworld", and that's all. it

Where do you get this from? Quite a few D programmers have gone
to C++ and Rust.

> D *can* be used without GC. and it will still be "better C". it
> still will be less painful than C, but this is the price of
> doing "low-level things".

  C is primarily used for portability/system support/interfacing
or because you have an existing codebase. Even Microsoft's is now
using higher level languages than C in parts of their system
level code (operating system).

Btw, C has changed quite a bit, it is at C11 now and even have
"generics"... but I doubt many will us it. C is increasingly
becoming a marginal language (narrow application area).