Card on fire

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 12 11:42:54 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 at 12:17:00 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> I seriously doubt a fan would stop an electrical fire (in fact,
> probably makes it worse). It's not overheating, it's arcing.

Actually, it would probably make it worse by providing fresh O2
to the fire.

> BTW, this reminds me of a old goodie:
>
> http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/96/Jun/nosmoke.html
>
> A old colleague of mine always said when you see smoke, there's
> no way to fix it, because it's really hard to get the smoke
> back in there.
>
> -Steve

We had a similar saying when I was involved int he electronic
world: Chips must be powered by smoke. We know this because once
it is gone, the chip doesn't work anymore.