Our docs should be more beautiful

Mattcoder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 19 09:10:15 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 19 July 2016 at 01:38:54 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:

>> http://i.imgur.com/UTLpK42.png
>>
>> PS: Click to see the full image.
>
> I like the styling on the right - the vertical spacing between
> paragraph is ridiculous in the left version, and the "Jump to:"
> box is too tall. -- Andrei

This is why I don't go through this and help on this matter, I
mean the layout is too subjective, I think the left version
(Which was changed by my friend) is much better to read than the
version on the right.

Another thing: using "font-weight" or "bold" sometimes looks
weird on high resolutions, which was avoided on the left, maybe
is not too visible here but anyway...

And finally: Keep in mind that some folks (like myself) use
Tablet to read manuals, and the font size matters a lot on tiny
screens.

By the way, this is not a rant, :) I'm just saying that making
layout for others is something that I don't like because the
different tastes.

Mattcoder.