Blocking points for further D adoption

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 2 12:32:46 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 2 June 2016 at 19:17:39 UTC, bob belcher wrote:
> to #makedlanggreatagain

lol, can I get a shirt of that somewhere?

> The website looks bad. But is very fast.

If you have ideas, PRs are always welcome at
https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org

> IDE. mono-d and visual studio. Rest of them are bad

Can you be more specific? The problems are never going to get
fixed if they're never reported.

> I would love to help, but, I have no idea how to start, where
> to go

Well, there's this article for contributing to the site:
http://wiki.dlang.org/Contributing_to_dlang.org

and this article for contributing to the language:
http://wiki.dlang.org/Starting_as_a_Contributor

> what is the plan.

There's this: https://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2016H1

But honestly that's just Andrei and Walter basically saying "this
would be a good idea if we followed this". There is no plan; D is
a very bottom up style developed language with 100% volunteer
work. Just submit a PR for whatever you feel like
fixing/improving.