Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

Ethan Watson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 5 22:49:53 PDT 2016

There's definitely an information war that needs to be won. That
D has been around for 15-odd years and is still considered an
emerging language is something of a problem.

I linked my DConf talks on a games industry forum, and the first
response was that "It looks like a poor man's Rust". A notion I
quickly dispelled, but it's a mindset that needs solid, linkable
examples to work against. The talk I'm hoping to hold at GDC
Europe in August will have some examples to that effect (they
still haven't got back to me with confirmation). I'll need to
make that more visible than slides/video once the talk is done.

Echoing the need for decimal support. I won't use it myself, but
I know it's critical for finance.