Andrei's list of barriers to D adoption

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 6 00:44:22 PDT 2016

On Monday, 6 June 2016 at 07:39:40 UTC, interessted wrote:

> It was also the general impression, that windows is an orphan
> and there should be no risk taking with D because of that.

I've never understood this. DMD started out on Windows
exclusively. Linux and other platforms came later. It has a
Windows installer that will find the MS tools if you need to use
them, the zip package works out of the box, the compiler ships
with a minimal (and admittedly outdated) set of Win32 libraries
that work with OPTLINK... Where does this impression come from
that Windows is a second-class citizen?