The Problem With DIPs

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 10 03:38:49 PDT 2016

On 6/10/16 9:00 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2016-06-09 23:34, Walter Bright wrote:
>
>> That doesn't stop anyone from commenting on them, offering improvements,
>> doing some promotion of them, organizing handling them, etc.
>
> If feel that's a bit pointless if no one with some form of authority
> will look at it.

It's much better than making informal remarks on the forum, which then
scroll out of memory. I encourage people who have good ideas and are
willing and able to take them to completion to formulate them as DIPs.
Good quality DIPs will eventually get discussed more often and end up
being implemented. -- Andrei