I'd love to see DScript one day ...

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 11 11:46:12 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 11 June 2016 at 18:36:23 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Saturday, 11 June 2016 at 10:14:25 UTC, qznc wrote:
>> I have given up hope for different browser languages than
>> Javascript. The problem is not finding a language. A lot of
>> people would love to have Lua, Python, or something else and
>> it has not happened yet. Dart was the most serious attempt.
>> They had full-time people at Google working on it and they
>> gave up.
>
> They didn't give up as they use it internally for their
> advertising application. Dart 1.7 was out 2 days ago:

I meant Dart 1.17... Duh.

Interestingly there was an interview related to Dart and Adwords
UI

http://news.dartlang.org/2016/03/the-new-adwords-ui-uses-dart-we-asked.html

I found these quotes interesting:

«One thing we found out was that developers preferred even
stronger type checking than what Dart was providing. So, we are
very excited about the work on Dart Strong Mode. We are also
looking forward to cross-browser, fast edit refresh with the
upcoming Dart Dev Compiler.»

and

«With Angular2, the application performance and code size are
very similar between the JS and Dart versions. So any team
considering Angular2 should consider Dart as well.»

Dunno. Still not sure about the future of Dart, but stricter
static typing is a good selling point.