I'd love to see DScript one day ...

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 15 06:52:01 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 15 June 2016 at 13:17:46 UTC, Chris wrote:
> In my experience, statically typed languages prevent a lot of
> silly and time consuming bugs by simply checking the type.

Yes, but I would put it more generally. Matching a program
against a specification of constraints prevents a set of runtime
errors and bugs. But providing the specification is also tedious.

You can have much stronger static verification of constraints
than in C++/D. For instance check the various legal states and
what transitions you can have between them.

I am certainly in favour of more static checks, but I am
pleasantly surprised at what can be achieved with optional static
analysis.