Articles/Doc repo on Official dlang github

dewitt via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 15 12:34:13 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 15 June 2016 at 18:20:19 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 6/15/16 1:51 PM, dewitt wrote:
>> I don't know if this has been asked before and I am too lazy
>> to search.
>> Has anyone brought up the idea of adding a repo to the
>> official dlang
>> project on github with Articles.  I know the website has a
>> section but
>> think that a repo with md files might get more collaboration
>> and result
>> in more useful articles.  I see with dotnet they have the
>
> They are already on github:
>
> https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org
>
> -Steve

Are you talking the dd files?  I am saying markdown that you can
just click in github and view.  If it is the dd files then that
process, although not hard if more tedious for collaborating than
markdown that can easily be viewed in my opinion.  Plus that
consists of the entire dlang site.  a separate repo would serve a
specific purpose of holding articles that people could view
easily on github.  Plus I believe a PR for MD would be easy to
view how the file would look in the PR itself.  Thats just my
opinion.