std.experimental.checkedint is ready for comments!

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 18 12:49:07 PDT 2016

On 6/18/2016 8:38 AM, tsbockman wrote:
> There are specific reasons, aired in the discussions, as to why people may not
> be interested in working on BigDecimal (perceived as being of importance mainly
> to the finance industry, who is unlikely to contribute anything back in return)
> or removing auto decode (what's the point, when Andrei is emphatic that the
> feature itself cannot ever be deprecated?). Even so, those discussions were very
> recent; it is quite possible that someone around here intends to work on them
> (or already is) and just hasn't got far enough to want feedback yet.

Actually, Andrei has agreed with the issues autodecoding has, he's just
(legitimately) wary of the extent of disruption it would cause by removing it.
He is also in favor of fixing Phobos so it is not dependent on it.

(Note that I have fixed quite a few bits of Phobos in this manner already, see
std.string and std.path)